Gershkovich Boris Yakovlevich (1929-2009)
His childhood ended with summer of 1941 when war rushed into life of the country. Gershkovich's family was evacuated to the Kirov region where the seniority of Boris Yakovlevich began in 1942. He did much work: he was the general worker in timber industry enterprise, the watchman in policlinic, made wooden hairpins for soldier's boots.
In 1944 Boris Yakovlevich's family moved to Pyatigorsk. His life was connected with PSLU (PSPI, PSPIFL) more than 60 years. In 1946, hard post-war time, he entered the department of history and graduated successfully from it in 1950. After the graduation from the Institute, with a break on service in the ranks of the Soviet Army, B. Y. Gershkovich managed a methodical office of department of political economy, at the same time working as a teacher of this sub-department, since 1956 worked as the senior teacher of the sub department. In 1958, he defended his Ph.D. thesis, having ended a one-year postgraduate study of Moscow Pedagogical Institute, and became the associate professor of political economy in 1961.
In September, 1964 B.Y. Gershkovich was appointed the vice rector for scientific work of Pyatigorsk State Pedagogical Institute of foreign languages and worked in this position within three years. Since 1967 he headed the sub-department of political economy. In 1971 at the age of 42 years, Boris Yakovlevich defended his doctoral thesis, in 1972 he was given the academic status of professor.
His personal contribution to preparation of scientific specialists for foreign countries is considerable – under his management, young scientists of Cuba, Vietnam, Morocco, Lebanon, Sudan and other countries defended Ph.D. theses.
He is an outstanding Scientist, a magnificent Organizer and a real Person with capital letter. Labor, scientific and pedagogical activity of B.Y. Gershkovich was noted by a number of the state awards and medals. He was given the rank "The honored worker of science of the Russian Federation" , he is awarded by the order of "Honor Sign", "Friendship", medals, breastplates "An excellent student of education of the Russian Federation", “An excellent student of education of the USSR", "For excellent progress in work" Ministry of higher and secondary professional education USSSR, the award "For Merits before the Fatherland" of the IV degree.
Grishin Gennady Pavlovich (1924-2009)
The destiny brought Gennady Pavlovich to Pyatigorsk Pedagogical Institute of Foreign Languages in 1961 when he entered Postgraduate study at Department of Political Economy. After the successful graduation from the Postgraduate study, he became the senior lecturer of sub-department. G. P. Grishin had been teaching in PSPIFL-PSLU for 45 years.
In 1998 Gennady Pavlovich was elected to a position of a Professor of Economics Sub-Department, directed work of graduate students. In 2005 the academic status of professor was given to G. P. Grishin.
G. P. Grishini is an author and coauthor of more than 60 scientific and methodological works, actively participated in the All-Russian and international conferences.
A bright, extraordinary person, he enjoyed a deserved authority in the PSLU among lecturers, he was distinguished by high professionalism, attention and goodwill to people, responsiveness and optimism.
Gennady Pavlovich is a veteran of the Great Patriotic War. After leaving school he became a cadet of the Pacific Highest Navy School. Due to the beginning of the Great Patriotic War in October, 1941 according to the official report he was sent to the front in the 69th Navy Infantry Subdivision. From 1942 to 1945 G. P. Grishin participated in fights as a part of the 9th Guards Army as a commander of the section and a troop sergeant. In the Soviet Army he served till November, 1957 and was discharged in the major's rank for health reasons.
From October, 1946 to January, 1948 Gennady Pavlovich was trained in Military-Political School of propagandists, and then in the M. I. Kalinin Higher Military and Pedagogical Institute (Leningrad). From 1954 to 1957 he taught history of CPSU, within half a year directed the Museum of Home Science Study of Pyatigorsk, was a lecturer of CPSU (Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union).